Edward Pit

This post appears in the following categories:

, , ,

all that remains is the entrance to the pit which was disused by 1896. The entrance was opened up again when the coke works and tar works were in operation and finally bricked up in the 1950’s when the coke works ceased production. A skull and crossbones was painted on the bricked up arch way to deter others and was still faintly visible until 2007 – sadly now obscured.